•Do not get lashes wet for 24 hours. Try to avoid intense workout and sweating during this time
•Do not use oil-based eye products.makeup removers.water proof eyeliners and definitely no mascara
•Use only water-based makeup remover like bioderma
•Do not perm.tint or use eyelash curler
•Avoid strong heat such as BBQ oven,hot yoga or sauna.Be careful while lighting up a cigarette
•Avoid chlorine pool,salt is solvent that can weaken the adhesive
•Changes in hormones levels,crying,eye drops and seasonal allergies may decrease the lifespan of your lash extensions
•Avoid rubbing,pulling and touching you eyelashes,Avoid sleeping on your stomach
•Gently cleanse your lashes and eyelids daily using lash shampoo(how to make is available on YouTube)use the sponge we provide you instead of cotton swap and Cotton pad *Keep in mind shedding of your natural lashes is around 5 everyday,do not panic if you have a few come off daily.It is normal to see a lash extension attached to a natural lash.However.In rare occasion a bunch has come off the first couple of days please contact us right away,more the couple of days,unfortunately we will not be able to do too much
**In the rare event that you have an allergic reaction, please contact us immediately so we can arrange for you to come in to professionally remove your lash extensions
Tips for making your own lash cleanser!
Our DIY lashes shampoo recipe will help you to make a very easy and quick cleanser with a minimum dollars, not only for my store, you can easily make it at home.
You will need:
1 foam pump bottle
1 Tablespoon of Baby Shampoo
1 teaspoon of Baking Soda
Pour in the Baby Shampoo and the Baking Soda into your bottle first, then add Distilled Water. Close the Lid and shake to mix everything together!
The Baby shampoo is gentle and oil free making it perfect to use around the eyes. Baking soda prevents an excess build up of bacteria and also helps to bualance the pH of your client’s lashes to help with the retention of their eyelash extensions.
You can make and use this mixture at home.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is an eyelash extension?
Eyelash extensions are synthetic or fake eyelashes that are attached singularly on to natural lashes in order to add volume and length to them.
2. What reasons is there to get eyelash extensions?
Not only do eyelash extensions feel and look 100% natural; it will also no longer be necessary to use mascara. This means that you’ll be able to spend less time applying makeup each day, while still being able to shower, swim and perform all of your other regular activities as before. Eyelash extensions will give you the long, luscious lashes that you’ve always wanted and they will make your eyes look a lot more defined as well. Having them placed is also a completely pain-free procedure.
3. Are eyelash extensions long-lasting?
In most cases, eyelash extensions should last as long as your natural lashes – an average of between 4 and 6 weeks. However, the longevity of them will also depend on factors such as general lifestyle, your daily cleansing routine, skin type, average lash growth cycle and the type of makeup products you use (if applicable). Having an infill performed every 2 to 4 weeks will help maintain the fullness of your eyelash extensions virtually indefinitely.
4. Is there a difference between eyelash extensions and false eyelashes?
False eyelashes are usually solid strips of lashes that are adhered to the eyelid, whereas eyelash extensions are placed individually on the eyelids. As a result, eyelash extensions will normally last far longer. However, it is important to remember that extensions are usually limited to what your natural eyelashes are able to handle. For example, if your natural lashes are short and/or fine, extensions may not always give you the results you want.
5. How safe are eyelash extensions?
Having eyelash extensions applied is a completely safe and pain-free procedure because your eyes remain closed throughout the procedure and a specialist adhesive is used to apply the extensions. The extensions are applied to the eyelashes themselves, and provided that they are applied correctly, will not cause damage to original lashes. In most cases, the lashes with extensions will shed every 6 weeks or so, so if you want to use lash extensions over the long term, you may want to consider using them in conjunction with an eyelash serum product.
6. How long does it take?
Attaching the lashes normally takes anywhere from 1.5 to 2.5 hours if a new set is being attached. Infills will take anywhere from an hour to 1.5 hours to do.
7. Am I the right candidate for eyelash extensions?
Eyelash extensions are suitable for women of all ages and ethnic backgrounds, regardless of whether they are busy mums or corporate employees. In fact, they have also become popular with brides who want to ensure that they look their best on their special day. Many of our clients are repeat clients who want to ensure that they look good every day without having to spend a lot of time enhancing their appearances.
Below are some instances where eyelash extensions may not be suitable for you:
* If you’ve had an allergic reaction to gel pads or the adhesive used to apply eyelash extensions
* You have eye infection or any condition that affects your eyes and/or lashes in any way
* You’ve recently had cosmetic eye surgery or treatments such as eyeliner tattoos, lash perms or laser surgery
* You can’t lie on your back for extended periods due to injury or other reasons
* Your eyes are sensitive and/or prone to redness, swelling, itching and watering
* You can’t keep your eyes still and completely closed for any reason
* You have unrealistic expectations regarding eyelash extensions – it’s important to remember that the length and thickness of extensions used will be limited to the strength of your natural eyelashes.
8. How do I choose the right eyelash extensions?
Differences between eyelash extension sets include the amount of lashes applied, how long your appointment is and how much it is costing. A longer appointment time will equate to more lashes being applied, while a fuller set implies that more lashes are being applied. When more lashes are applied, the end result will look better for longer as well. A few other deciding factors include your regular eye makeup routine, whether they are being applied for a once-off occasion or for everyday use, the thickness of your natural lashes, your budget and the amount of time you have available to have them applied.
9. How do I prepare for having eyelash extensions applied?
Start by ensuring that all eye makeup is removed with oil-free cleanser before your appointment. In cases where you want to have lash tinting done, this must be done a few days beforehand. If you have recently had an eye perm treatment, you will have to wait for at least 3 months before having extensions applied. Avoid using eyelash curlers on the day that the extensions are being applied and if you are sensitive to caffeine, it is recommended that you refrain from consuming it on the day as well. The extensions must be kept dry for the first 24 hours after application, so it is recommended that you gym, shower and wash your hair beforehand.
10. Tips for Post-lash Application
* Avoid all forms of sweat-inducing exercise for 24 hours after application
* Refrain from touching your lashes during this time as well
* Avoid all forms of extreme humidity for 48 hours afterwards, such as saunas, steam facials and even hot baths
* Don’t rub your eyes, pull on the extensions or sleep face down on them
* Do not use eyelash curlers or perm the lash extensions
* Only use oil-free cleansing and foaming products on the facial area and around the eyes and clean around them daily
* Brush your lashes gently with the supplied lash brush fluff them up and keep them neat
* Avoid using cotton tips or balls around the eyes, as the lint from them can get caught in the extensions
* Have an infill performed every 2 – 4 weeks to maintain their fullness